The Border is Opening!
VISITORS from the United States arriving and departing to and from Canada
As of August 9, 2021 fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents, currently residing in the US can cross into Canada for non-essential or leisure travel.
Fully vaccinated travelers permitted to travel to Canada if they have received the full vaccination series of a vaccine accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada.
Fully vaccinated travellers must:
- Be able to meet the pre-entry test requirements-which is to have a negative pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test result within 72 hours of crossing the border
- have received the full vaccination series of a vaccine accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada
- be asymptomatic
- Submit information digitally using the ArriveCAN app or website before boarding if arriving by air, or before arriving at a land or marine port of entry and have provided COVID-19 related information electronically through ArriveCAN prior to arrival in Canada
- have a paper or digital copy of their vaccination documentation in English or French Unvaccinated children under 12 years of age and dependents of fully vaccinated travellers eligible for entry to Canada will be exempted from quarantine with enhanced public health measures, meaning they can move around with their parents, but must avoid group settings, such as kids camps or daycares
- There will be random Covid tests done on travellers at the border. Fully vaccinated travellers will not need a post-arrival test unless they have been randomly selected to complete a Day 1 COVID-19 molecular test.
- Travelers must have a quarantine location in mind. As a guest of Halley’s Camps, we will provide a place for an individual/s to be able to quarantine if they get symptoms of Covid-19.
RETURNING TO THE UNITED STATES
For Americans arriving back into the US by land travel by vehicle, the US is not requiring a negative covid test within 72 hours of returning to the US. For air travel from Canada to the US a negative covid test must be completed within 72 hours of crossing the border. You will need to show the test results before being allowed to board a plane from Canada to the US. At the Winnipeg airport there will be Covid tests available that are free-these tests are 24-hour tests (must be complete 24 hours before you board) and available M-F 8am-4pm. Please call us to find information about flying into International Falls vs Winnipeg.
Follow any additional federal, provincial/territorial and local public health measures. In Ontario, wearing a mask is required indoors in public places and you must stay 6 feet apart from others while in public.
We are giving you the information as of up to today, July 22, 2021. If travelling to Canada this summer or fall, please keep updated with travel on current boarder statuses.