We are located on the English River near the western border of Ontario, about 200 miles north of US/Canada border by road. The airbase we use in Kenora, Ontario is about 135 mile drive from the US/Canada border.
Our main office for Halley’s Camps is at our drive-in camp at Caribou Falls Landing and we offer travel options for our guests to reach all of our fishing destinations.
Driving to Caribou Falls Landing for your trip at Caribou or for your boat in trip to One Man Lake Lodge, Kettle Falls Lodge, or Dufault’s Island
To drive into Caribou Falls Landing you’ll follow Highways 596 north of Kenora, then turn north onto Hwy 525. You’ll reach the Whitedog Power Dam after about 20-25 minutes. It is safe to cross the dam! (Note that the ‘Danger Keep Out’ sign refer to the grassy area beside the road).
Once you cross the dam, you’ll travel for another 15-20 minutes before you see a Halley’s Camps sign. Turn right at that intersection. Follow the road for another 10-15 minutes, take one more right turn at the Halley’s Camps sign, and you’ve arrived at Caribou Falls Landing!
For those guests that are driving to KENORA and flying into one of our all-inclusive lodges or one of our fly in outpost camps you will do so from the River Air dock in KENORA, ON.
From International Falls, MN to KENORA it takes about 2.5 hours drive.
- Cross the US/Canada border into Fort Frances
- Follow Highway 11 West to Highway 71 North.
- Follow Highway 71 to Hwy 17 west and turn in towards Kenora on 17A. You will turn west/left onto Second Street and follow that until you reach the lake and River Air Kenora is your destination. This is your departure point for flying into the outposts or flying into our all-inclusive lodges.
Coming by vehicle from Winnipeg to fly from Kenora into our outposts or our all-inclusive lodges
- Head east on Hwy 1 and close to Kenora, you will turn east/right on Hwy 17A
- Follow Hwy 17A through town, pass by the hospital and you will take your first right by the big white tent and River Air is on your right if you are booked to fly into a lodge or an outpost.
Coming from Winnipeg to drive (3.5-4 hours) to Caribou Falls Landing or boat into an all-inclusive lodge (Kettle Falls or One Man Lake) or our Dufault’s, here are driving directions to Caribou Falls Landing:
- Head east on Hwy 1 and close to Kenora, you will turn left on Hwy 596 north towards Minaki
- Follow Hwy 596 and you will take a left on Hwy 525. You will continue to drive 37 miles north. Half way there you will drive over a power dam and then you will look for Halley’s Camps signs and take 2 right hand turns to get to Halley’s Camps Caribou Falls Landing.
- Drive down to the lodge by the lake and register upon arrival. Guests boating in will leave their vehicle here where it will be safe on site.
Fly and Shuttle from Winnipeg
Halley’s Camps can arrange a shuttle that will pick guests up at the Winnipeg International Airport and bring them 2.5 hours to the airbase we use in Kenora, ON. From there you will board a float plane and fly you directly into the lodge. This option is available and it will cost the group of 8 people or less $800US round trip on top of the fly in price from Kenora on our rate sheet.
Fly in direct to the lodge or outpost from Winnipeg or Fort Frances
If you are flying into Winnipeg or arriving in from International Falls, we can arrange a shuttle to pick you up at the airport that will take you to meet a float plane that will fly you directly into the lodge. Guests must land in Winnipeg or be in International Falls by 1:30pm on arrival day to fly directly into the lodge. Smaller groups arriving into Winnipeg will be shuttled from the international airport to a float plane base north of Winnipeg to meet our plane. Guests arriving into International Falls, MN will have a shuttle to bring them across the US/Canada border to Fort Frances, ON to meet the float plane.
Fly in or Shuttle in from Kenora
If you land on a private jet in Kenora, we can arrange a shuttle to bring your group from the Kenora airport to the float plane base dock in Kenora.
Booking your international flights into Winnipeg, MB, Canada
For booking flights into Winnipeg International, you can choose to book your flights through our suggested travel agents at Prelude Travel at 1‑807-468-1928 here in Kenora, ON. Mentioning you’re a Halley’s Camps guest you will receive the most competitive air fares.