EXPERIENCE THE MOST AMAZING GETAWAY AT
Sharpstone Lake Outpost
Located 145 miles north of our float plane base in Minaki, this lake is a part of the Berens River, one of the great waterways that run from east to west across the rugged Ontario wilderness. The cold water and oxygenated current of the Berens River produces legendary walleye and northern fishing. There is plenty of still water, swift current and waterfalls to provide you with the prospects for legendary fishing opportunities at this outpost. The big ones really are caught here.
The 3-bedroom, square timber cabin at Sharpstone is perched on a beautiful sandy beach in the middle of the river system. The indoor shower and flushing toilet are a nice touch, too. You’ll enjoy the well-appointed kitchen, living and dining area. The barbecue and fish cooker are located outside on the front deck overlooking the lake.
Sharpstone is the perfect fit for your group of 4 to 6 anglers.
Please note that trips to Sharpstone are 5 days and nights. We do not have regular check flights during your stay, but you will have a satellite phone at the camp if any problems or emergencies should come up.
Fishing for walleye and northern pike on Sharpstone is spectacular—you won’t experience anything like it anywhere else.
June 18 – 23, 2020
July 13 – 18, 2020
July 23 – 28, 2020
August 07 – 12, 2020
August 22 – 28, 2020
We strive to keep our online availabilities up-to-date, however it is always best to call us for current availabilities.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Call 1-800-465-3325 today!
What to Bring?
- Float plane travel to and from the outpost
- Accommodations in our log cabins
- Check flights every 2 days, weather permitting
- Solar power with backup generator
- Hot & cold running water
- Indoor showers
- Woodstove for heat
- Box spring & mattress beds
- Pillows and mattress pads
- Fridge & stove
- Stove top toaster
- Kitchen utensils, dishes, pots, & pans
- Cups, glasses, & plates
- Coffee pot
- First-Aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- All ice, block and cubes
- Propane BBQ
- Propane fish cooker
- Deck chairs
- Clothes lines and pins
- Lake maps
- Boats, motors & gas
- Flotation devices
- Landing nets & paddles
- Minnow and leech buckets
- Toilet paper
- Satellite phone (minutes extra)
- Memories of a lifetime
YOU SHOULD BRING:
- Passport and identification. If driving, children under 16 require only a birth certificate and permission letter from both parents allowing you to cross the US/Canada border with the child.
- Sleeping bags & pillow slips
- Medication (plus a few extra days’ worth)
- Rain gear & warm clothing
- Rubber boots, extra footwear, and socks
- Personal towels and toiletries
- Dishtowels and cloths
- Extension cords for CPAP machines
- Camera and flashlight
- Extra batteries for your electronics
- Hats, sunglasses & sunscreen
- Bug repellent and mosquito coils
- Playing cards, reading material
- Waterproof matches and lighter
- Fishing rods—at least 2 per person
- Tackle, fishing line, and clippers
- Filet knife and sharpening stone
- Stringer and multi-tool
- Needle nose pliers or hook-out (no jaw spreader)
- Portable depth finder
- Small backpack for portages, and cooler for boats