How to Get Here
Travel To Us
We are located on the western border of Ontario, 200 miles north of the Canada / U.S. border.
Our packages for our all-inclusive lodges gives guests the choice to either boat into the lodge or fly into the lodge. If you are boating into either Kettle Falls Lodge or One Man Lake Lodge, you will have to drive to our Halley’s Camps, Caribou Falls Landing where you will meet the boat. If you are flying in to the lodge, you have the option of flying in from Minaki, ON, or Winnipeg, MB or Fort Frances, ON. We also give these flight options to The Outpost Company guests.
If you are driving:
- From the west, we are approximately 200 miles from Winnipeg, Manitoba, on Highway #1 east, Highway 17 in Ontario, then head north on Highway 596.
- From International Falls, MN follow Highway 11 West then Highway 71 North to Highway 17. Follow Highway 17 West to Highway 596, and head North toward Minaki. Turn left on to Highway 525.
- Our air charter service, River Air, is located in Minaki, just 35 miles north of Kenora on highway 596 at the junction of highway 525. If traveling to any of the camps by air from Minaki, this is where your float plane flights into the camps will depart from. Our flights into the lodges depart 3pm-4pm.
- Halley’s Camps, Caribou Falls Landing is accessible by road via Highways 596 north of Kenora then 525 north of Minaki. You will follow the Halley’s Camps signs and take two rights off of Hwy 525 to get to this housekeeping location. If boating into our all-inclusive lodges, this is your departure point.
If you are flying:
If arriving on an international flight, flight arrangements into Winnipeg International Airport can be made through Prelude Travel at 1-800-561-8907. Our guests receive discounted rates with this travel agency, just mention you are going to Halley’s Camps.
Once you arrive at the International Airport in Winnipeg, Manitoba, you have several choices as to transportation into the lodges:<
- Rent a car and drive over, approximately a 3-hour drive to Minaki from Winnipeg. You can leave the rental car in our parking lot during your stay.
- Have River Air meet you at the nearest float plane base in Winnipeg, in the town of Selkirk, approximately 30 to 45 minutes via taxi or via chartered car (we can set this up for you). Our planes will then deliver you directly to your lodge location. Pick up of guests at Selkirk is subject to additional ground transportation and flight fees.
- Quick and convenient fly in option: Guests who plan to fly into Winnipeg International Airport, Fort Frances, or Kenora Airport can now get met right at their arrival point and flown directly into the lodge on our amphibious seaplane. This eliminates the need for taxis and rental cars to get you to the sea plane base.
- Ground transportation from Winnipeg, Kenora, or Fort Frances can be arranged.